"Offering people purpose and dignity through empowering and holistic programs that impact the neighborhood."
Because You Matter began in 2007 when Montrose Church LifeGroup leaders Brett and Sue DeLawter inspired their group to reach out to the homeless in our community. Countless hours and hundreds of faithful volunteers later, this monthly outreach ministry continues in Sunland Park. And now, key leaders and Montrose Church have helped to expand this ministry into Because You Matter, Inc. - a full 501©3 non-profit corporation.
As a corporation, Because You Matter, Inc. takes the vision to a new level...helping people experience purpose, dignity, value, and hope and offering that help in a way that is lasting and sustainable. How? By teaming with local groups to build comprehensive neighborhood development programs, all of which are based on the values of dignity, empowerment, compassion, creativity, and collaboration.
You can get involved with Because You Matter's development programs as a volunteer or as an investor.
Contact Scott Chamberlain, Director of Strategic Development, at email@example.com to get started.
meeting needs with compassion
- Sunland Park Homeless Outreach/Lunch, last Saturday of every month, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. (8651 Foothill Blvd, Sunland, corner of Sherman Grove Ave. and Fenwick)
- Refer and collaborate with local service providers, helping us to bless them through our volunteering as well as a place to refer the homeless individuals and families that we serve.
helping children and youth thrive through supportive relationships
- Crescenta Valley High School Lunch Bunch, Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Partner with Montrose Church Student ministries and Young Life for tutoring, mentoring, and on-site school support for staff/students.
- Future plans to expand volunteers into existing local afterschool clubs and tutoring.
creating job opportunities for the underemployed through sustainable programs
- Community Thrift Store development, in collaboration with ACTS Thrift Store in Pasadena.
- Support those in need, job training for those under-employed, and an income-generating venue for our overall youth and community development programs.
- Volunteers: need 400 volunteer hours/week.
- Investors: exciting opportunity for start-up cost investment.