5 of my favorite things so far:
1. Knocking down walls was awesome. It felt like I was Thor.
2. Being called different names by the Bolivians: Evanito, Evans. Now I don't want to be called by my regular name anymore.
3. Too many girls asked for my email. But I don't have email. So I gave out my parents. I'm a little freaked out about my parents asking questions about it.
4. I have war wounds. I hit myself with a pole while working and I got kicked in the knee playing soccer.
5. Getting to know people. It feels like we are all so close.
We should be kind and help each other. We are family. Kind of. It's what God wants us to do.
It's just been a great experience for me.
I am going to come back next year.
Evan-mastering the sealant craft.
ON DAY 6 WE....
Washed beams. Many beams.
Scraped paint off the walls.
Start preparing lunch in the morning.
Love Leo! Our jefe on the worksite.
Took a little break for lunch.
Played some good ole Chinese Jumprope with the niños.
Participated in some VBS for the neighborhood kids
Ordered giant platters of meat for dinner. We're talking chicken hearts, cow liver and all sorts of good stuff.
Celebrated El Dia De Amistad (Day of Friendship) with the youth of the church at Hermano Leo's house. It was a blast.
We played games. Wrote special friendship notes. Sang songs.
Evan and Cory crushed this game.
Abby even got married?! Felicidades Abby.
Got dowsed by flour. Yep, flour.
Walked away with stronger friendships and lots of inside jokes. Perfecto.
Tue, July 24, 2012
by Steph Villa Davis filed under