“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:19
Dear Class of 2020:
We spent this past weekend celebrating you! We are thrilled for this new season in your life, but we want to be sure that another message did not get lost in the celebration: We care about you and your future.
We commit to be a church of people that breaks statistics - inclusive of race, gender, and generation. Here are some commitments we want to make to you, graduate!
- We commit to being a Christlike example to you. We want to show up for you in small and big ways in your life.
- We commit to being responsive in your personal journey. To see you and hear you right where you are at and continue to point you to the truth to overcome obstacles.
- We promise to be tender or gentle to you always. We will ask good questions so we can learn about what is important to you. We know this may be weird, because it is very different from this world.
- We commit to praying for your needs, desires, and future. Our hope is this will deepen your relationship with the Lord and bear the fruit of peace.
- We will take captive our thoughts so they are in line with all of our promises. We hope this will set an example for you when you may have doubts.
- We will learn from you. We will take what we learn, and do our best to put it into practice in our church.
We know that 2020 has been a rough year, but we are so happy for what you have chosen to see through in your education. Keep up all your efforts and know that we promise these things to you.
Together we can make this year and many more a better place! Congratulations!